Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Year 22: Come and Gone

Here is the list of the goals I set for myself when I turned 22 last May. I wanted to accomplish all of these things before my next birthday. Well, my birthday was on Sunday and as you can see I accomplished about 1/2 of the things.
Those items in brown I did not accomplish :( and those in green I did accomplish :)!

1. Graduate TWU
2. Learn to drive a stick-shift vehicle
3. Take a cake decorating class
4. Blog twice a month (I didn't accomplish this one last year so we will see how well I do with it this year ;) (Answer: I rocked it!)
5. Go to at least four musicals
6. Write in my journal three times a week (lasted for about 3 weeks...pathetic)
7. Read (listen to) 15 books on CD
8. Read Boundaries in Dating by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend
9. Become a covenant member at my church, The Village
10. Complete a Summer Equipping class at The Village
11. Paint my bathroom (I'm getting a new bathroom so this one is irrelevant. I think I should be able to cross it off because of this, lol!)
12. Keep the inside of my car clean (It is pretty much amazing and shocking that I accomplished this!!!)
13. Use corrugated metal to make some decor for our pool area with Kristy (I'm resigned to the fact that this will never be...sad times, Twisty!)
14. Transfer my banking to Compass (I am actually going to do this one within the next month!)
15. Go to Walt Disney World with the roomies
16. Support a Compassion child (I WILL do this beginning in the fall because I'll have a full-time job!!!)
17. Memorize verses that will help me share my testimony
18. Speak more positively about myself (I believe I can still improve upon this.)
19. Watch the first season of The Good Wife (And now that I have procrastinated on this one, I have two seasons to watch, haha! Maybe I'll give up on that; I'm not as interested anymore.)
20. Cook/bake a new dish each month (I love this one and think I'll keep it one next year's list!)
21. Exercise...any amount would be an improvement!!!
22. Be a bridesmaid...I realize this is going to have to be someone else's doing, so all of you eligible bachelors better start asking my friends to marry you (no pressure!!! ;) (Definitely keeping this on next year's list because I have a feeling that this will be happen by next summer! Now, which friend(s) am I thinking of??? ;)

 I'm thankful for the opportunities and new experiences I had this year and hope to accomplish more things in year 23! (List of 23 things to do before I'm 24 will be posted soon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment