Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

Thanksgiving 2010 brought lots of crafting time, tasty food, family laughs, football games, time with an awesome roomie, and madness. Let me tell you what madness is to me.
My first Black Friday shopping experience.
The completely packed mall parking lot at midnight.
Waiting in line at Old Navy for an hour.
Staying up for 24 hours; yes, we shopped from midnight-6:00 AM.
Poor children, who clearly want nothing more than to be in their warm beds sleeping, being pulled along by their parents as they fight the madness that is Black Friday.
The electronic section at Target and Walmart.
The number of televisions purchased by the masses (Really people, where are you putting all of these TVs?).
Allowing people to have carts in the isles...this is the cause of panic attacks, I am sure.
Checking Kirkland's about 5 times to see if they were open.
Women wearing black t-shirts with the words "Friday 2010" on them. Ummm, since when does this early morning tradition deserve its own t-shirt? I have never seen people wearing "Thanksgiving 2010" or "Mother's Day 2010" shirts...come one people, priorities.
Standing in line at Walmart for 30 minutes only to spend $6.34.
People who completely ignoring the manners their momma's taught them, or should have taught them. Excuse me, means MOVE. :)
Sleeping from 6:30 AM- 1:30 PM and then again from 6:00 PM- 9:30 PM. Boy, my hours/days are totally messed up!
Overall, this experience was fun and I am SO thankful that Deanna trekked all over creation, searching for deals with me!!! Yes, to answer the question that everyone asks me, I am planning to do this again next year (provided someone will go with me)...I'm just crazy like that!


My trunk with all of our shopping goodies! In retrospect, I wish that we would have taken pictures of our expedition, but when you are "in the zone" (which you must be to survive), the last thing you want to do is stop to document.

Me and Marmee...Me, Gram, brother Josh, Gramp...Me and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment