Thursday, November 18, 2010

Circle Green Bean Boy

I subbed for an amazingly sweet and hilarious 1st grade class yesterday; here are some of the things they said/did that made my day.

~ Boy: I don't like circle green beans. I like stick ones.
Me: Really, I don't think I have ever seen circle green beans. What are you talking about?
Boy: They were with my lunch. (Walks over to his lunch tray and picks up a "circle green bean")
Me: (laughing) Oh, you mean peas! I don't like them either.

~ Me: We are going to learn how to write the letter "s" in cursive today. Can anyone tell me a word that begins with the letter "s"?
Boy: 'sup
Me: Hmmm, well, "sup" isn't really a word...it is slang for "what's up", but slang starts with an "s".
Boy: Yeah, 'sup.

~ Boy: Ms. Hennings, "circle green bean boy" (ok, the kid didn't really call him that but this is my nickname for him ;) won't stop making farting noises and I'm eating.
Me: Send him over here so that I can talk to him.
Me: Are you making inappropriate noises that I have asked you to stop making?
CGBB: Yes, I'm sorry Ms. Hennings, I can't help it!
Yeah, I tried to tell him not to do that anymore as I held in the laughter...he is just so darn cute and hilarious!

~ I am looking over the lesson plans when all of a sudden a pair of little arms are wrapped around me...
Girl: I love hugs, Ms. Hennings.
Me: I love hugs too.
Girl: I love you, Ms. Hennings
Now, if that doesn't melt your heart and make you want to teach 1st grade, I don't know what will!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment