Monday, June 11, 2012

What An Encouragement You Are!

Well, I leave for Kenya in about 2 1/2 days!!!!! I can't believe that I have waited an entire year for this day to come and it's almost here! I am overjoyed and thankful that the Lord is giving me this sweet opportunity AGAIN! He really is SO good!!!!! 
Okay, so now I need your help. More than anything I want this trip to be covered in prayer. Would you/your family please commit to praying each day or each time the Lord places it on your heart for me and my precious team? This would mean the world to me! Below are the specific things (in no particular order) that I'd like you to go to the Father about in prayer.

1. safety & traveling mercies (Our travel time from DFW to Nairobi will be about 25 hrs.)
2. team unity (We need to constantly honor and serve one another. This can be difficult because a. we are sinners and b. we will be together 24/7.)
3. strength & health (This gets challenging with the 8 hour time difference!)
4. changed & encouraged hearts for the precious people that we will be ministering to
5. our families in the U.S. (Many people on the team are leaving behind spouses and/or children or nervous parents. ;)
6. that time will not go by too quickly & we can soak up every amazing moment
7. for spiritual warfare to stay away from our team and those that we minister to at Naomi's Village
8. that I won't bring back a kid...haha! Just kidding! :)
 This is the one request that continues to weigh heavily on my heart each day as I prepare:
9. that the Lord will reveal to me if Kenya & Naomi's Village is the place that He wants me to go to do long-term missions (Please pray that my heart is sensitive to the Spirit & willing to obey)

Thank you SO much for walking along side me on this amazing, fabulous, life-changing experience to the place that God has burdened my heart for: Africa! I love and appreciate you! 

*Don't forget to "like" my status about this post on Facebook if you will commit to pray for me. My trip is June 14-25, but start praying now, please!*

No comments:

Post a Comment