Sunday, May 6, 2012

Almost There

Wow! My first year of teaching is almost complete! What a blessing. I am SOOOOOOOO ready for summer but I'm going to really miss my first group of babies. Okay, they really aren't babies anymore.......they are almost 6th graders! CRAZY!!!!! I would really covet your prayers during the next 3 weeks as I wrap up the year and tackle all of the stress. It is going to be an emotional time as this has been a challenging growing process this year. 
Here is the craziness I have to accomplish in the next few weeks.
1. Character Awards
2. Field Day
3. Zoo Field Trip
4. 3 more birthday celebrations (1 is mine, yay!)
5. Plan/create End-of-Year awards
6. Gifts for kiddos
7. Gifts for precious parent volunteers
8. Plan and execute an awesome lingerie shower and bachelorette night for my sweet cousin
9. Pack up my classroom
10. Finish grades for the year
11. Write letters to my kids
12. Help work on a baby shower
13. Keep preparing and planning for Kenya trip
14. Get my bridesmaid dress altered
15. Help with wedding stuff (Very exciting because we are SOOO close!)
16. Say goodbye to my students (definitely the hardest)

I am sure there are more things that I need to do but for now this is all that I can think of. When you think of it, say a prayer for all of your teacher friends as they enter a challenging and rewarding season. We are blessed to have this career but it is also one of the most difficult, in my opinion. 
My challenge to you: Pray for and hug a teacher this week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment