Monday, July 25, 2011

All About Africa: 1

As promised, I am going to slowly but surely blog about my incredible experience in Africa. This is quite a task because what I encountered was almost indescribable.....but I shall try. My heart's desire is to encourage the saints and possibly open hearts and minds to what God is doing in Southern Sudan.

On the way to the airport, my sweet roomies took me out for a "good-bye lunch" at la madeleine.......a fabulous last normal meal stateside! (Unfortunately, I only got a picture with one of them: Daniella.)
Here's a picture of my girls.....love them!
Thankfully, all of my stuff fit into my awesome hiker backpack! But of course, I used every last inch!
 Flat                                       Fat

We had an 11 hour flight to Amsterdam........a 5 hour layover........a 10 hour flight to Uganda. By then we were on day 2 or 3 of the trip. To be honest, we were jumping planes and countries SO much that I lost track of the days. ;) We landed in Entebbe, Uganda around midnight and as we walked out of the airport and looked up at the dark African sky I was struck by the fact that I was in a place that I had only read about, seen on TV specials, and learned about in school. I remember being amazed at the vastness of God's creation. Early that morning as I lay under my mosquito net, halfway across the world, I feel asleep thanking my Father for allowing me to see another part of His beautiful world.
What a gracious Lord we serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment