Monday, December 26, 2011

All About Africa: 10

We said goodbye. It was harder than I thought it would be because after a few short days this land I could barely find on a map months before had taken a piece of my heart. We loaded onto a little plane (and I do mean little!) Don't believe me.......here is a shot of everyone on the ENTIRE plane.
Our group and about 4 other people :)

Just chillin' on the runway.....with the goats.....waiting for the baggage to be loaded.

Once in Entebbe, Uganda we had about 12 hours to wait until we boarded our plane for Amsterdam. Justin allowed us to spring for the VIP Lounge = best decision ever! So after 8 or so days, I had my first HOT shower, enjoyed the air conditioning, and sat on comfortable couches!!!! It was a fun way to spend our last day in Africa, but I would have traded it in a heartbeat to go back and see those sweet children again. 

We spent about 10ish hours on the flight to the Netherlands. Once again, sweet Rachel was my travel buddy. We always had seats by one another and I cherish the time we spent together......in between movies, that is ;).
Justin joined in on this pic.

Once we landed in Amsterdam we had about 6 hours to explore this city that none of us had been to before. It was awesome that Justin worked our schedule so that we could do some sight-seeing and add another country's stamp to our passport (the main thing that the girls wanted to do). Heck, we would have gone in and out of the airport simply to get that stamp, haha!

The next post will be full of pictures from my very short visit to a place that is in DESPERATE need of the saving power of the gospel!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment