Monday, September 5, 2011

ABC's of Summer 2011

A: AFRICA!!!
B: "Bachelorette Nights" with the Parma girls
C: Craftiness for my classroom
D: Done. Finished. Over. Sadly, there is no more summer for me.
E: Enjoying my fabulous Sudan Team!
F: Fuzzy's Taco- My mom is addicted and has taken me along for the ride. Seriously, she needs help.
G: Grandparents. They kindly let me stay at their place while I was waiting for my apartment to be vacated.
H: Hobby Lobby runs, like 4 a week!
I: Instagram.....my new photo addiction
J: Jet-setting: DFW; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Entebbe, Uganda; Yei, Sudan; Atlanta, Georgia; Lexington, Kentucky......as you can see, I've done my fair share of traveling this summer!
K: Kiddos. Meeting my sweet class was wonderful!
L: Learning how to use the lamination machine and failing quite a few times. I have discovered that this machine is a teacher's best friend!
M: Moving......twice. The entire process included 4 different homes/apartments
N: New. I think this word most accurately describes my summer. New job. New apartment. New travels: Africa!!! New friendships. New responsibilities. New dreams.
O: Organizing
P: Paisleys and poke-a-dots. My classroom has exploded with these two things.
Q: Quickly......this is how my summer went by.
R: Radical. Amazing book by David Platt that I am trudging through.
S: Surviving college. I finally graduated on May 14th!!!!
T: Trainings at school
U: Unbearable Texas heat!!! We tipped the Fahrenheit scales at 108 degrees, I believe.
V: Very hot! I know, this was my "U" but it's been SO that it deserves 2 slots. ;)
W: Weeping. God revealed so many things about His character to me and of course that resulted in my favorite (or really NOT a favorite) past time.
X: X-tra time. This I did not have.
Y: Young lives to pray for. God has given me 20 young lives to pray over and impact. I spent all of July and August praying and preparing for them.
Z: ZZZZ.......I learned to how to truly rest in Him when I was in Africa. Thankfully, He has given me many opportunities to practice this!

No comments:

Post a Comment