Saturday, June 20, 2015

Food Tour Date

I have been wanting to go on a Dallas food tour for quite some time, and this weekend I finally made that desire a reality! I planned a fun date for my hubs and me! We go back and forth on planning dates and since he had been away working at camp all week, I wanted to plan something fun and different for us to do together. The weather was so great, not too hot and the rain stayed away! If you living in the DFW area you should definitely check out this food tour thing. It would be so fun for a birthday party, girl's night/day out, date, or just for a fun treat. I highly recommend it! 
There are many different Dallas tours to choose from but we went on a Chocolate & Ice Cream Licks tour. My hubby and I both have a sweet tooth (I think I have about 10 sweet teeth! ;) so this was the perfect tour for us to start with. Here are the places we went and the amazing sweets we sampled! 


Stop 1: Village Baking Company (http://villagebakingco.com)
 We sampled a delicious chocolate croissant. Oh. My. Gosh. Seriously my favorite thing we ate on the tour! I love me a flakey, buttery, soft, warm, melt-in-your-mouth croissant. Heaven. We also purchased their homemade vanilla extract. Yum! Can't wait to use it when I bake! 

Stop 2: Pokey O's (http://www.pokeyos.com/ourcookies.html) 
I was so busy enjoying my treat that I forgot to take a picture. We sampled their chocolate chip cookie & vanilla ice cream sandwich (pictured above) and it was quite good.

Stop 3: Kate Weiser Chocolate (http://kateweiserchocolate.com)
These are Kate's beautiful, artistic chocolates. 
They are almost too pretty to eat. Almost. 
 We got to sample grapefruit cashew and lavender apricot (pictured in my hand).
You can see Kate working and explaining her FOUR DAY process to make these delicious works of art. 
This was B's favorite place! We purchased a few more chocolates so that we could try out some other flavors. Our favorite flavors: Key Lime Pie and Peanut Brittle. If you need a gift for a chocolate lover, this is the place to go!!!

Stop 4: CocoAndre Chocolatier (http://www.cocoandre.com)

They are know for their designer-inspired chocolate heels.
 "Why, yes, I'll marry you, honey" What girl would say "no" to a chocolate engagement ring??? ;) 
(Side note: I handed him the ring and said, "smile". Before he even knew what was happening, I was snapping a pic. What a good hubby I have. Hehe.)
We tried some super tasty pistachio chocolate bark and an amaretto almond bonbon. Yeah, I'd take on the stereotype stay-at-home-lady who "sits around eating bonbons all day" if the bonbons tasted like these. ;)

 Stop 5: Steel City Pops (http://steelcitypops.com)
I have been hearing about this place for a while now and just haven't made it out, until today. And let me tell you, I'm glad we did! It was a great place to end our tour! B and I really liked it, and I want to go back to try other flavors. He tried the Strawberry Cream and I had the Chocolate Peanut Butter. Both were delicious! I could taste pieces of peanuts in mine...yum! 

Now I can't decide which tour to try next. Here are the links to book your own tour. This is the way to check out all the awesome, locally-owned, and interesting places Dallas has to offer. Your price includes an air-conditioned bus ride, water, wine, a knowledgeable (and opera singer if you go with our lady) tour guide, and a generous sample at each stop. Enjoy and happy eating!!!

or






No comments:

Post a Comment