Monday, October 3, 2011

Sugar High

Last week was "Spirit Week" at my school in preparation for Homecoming. This is a tradition practiced throughout the school, preschoolers-12th graders participate in the fun. Each day has a theme and students and staff are encouraged to deck-out in that day's corresponding apparel. Anything and everything goes. Needless to say, my kiddos were CRAZY!!!! Haha! Can I blame them? No. Each day they got a snack that corresponded with the theme. Most of these snacks were sugary, and so my precious 5th graders added "sugar high" to their already excited, energetic countenance. 
Here is a glimpse of our crazy, fun, outrageous, spirited week!
Monday: "Camo Day"
Snack: Trail Mix 
 Tuesday: "Decade Day"
My team and I were the "Pink Ladies" :)
CUTE and TASTY 80's cake pops that the moms got for my sweet kids!
Wednesday: "Clash Day" (My favorite day!!!)
Snack: Tye Dye Fruit Roll-Ups
Thursday: "Class Color Day" 
As you can see, 5th grade was ORANGE
Snack: goldfish and Sunkist
Friday: "Navy/Gray Day" 
Friday was Homecoming so we celebrated by wearing our school colors: navy and gray. Unfortunately, we didn't get a class picture this day. :( But, you can be assured that my kiddos were deck-out in Liberty gear! 
Snack: Football-shaped donuts, chocolate milk, pizza, and cookie cake......what a day to blow a diet!
At Liberty, we love our school and love to show our SPIRIT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment